Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Small things can cause big outcomes...

Who are to blame? Should I trust them?

They said this… They said that…
In every country, there are rulers. Every ruler is chosen by election process. In every election, there are candidates. Every candidate has to undergo different processes of selection in order to be approved as a, well, candidate. Every election period, the COMELEC releases DO’s and DONT’s for the candidates. Do’s and Don’t’s on how they could campaign so the voters would know them.

Therefore, each candidate knew very clearly where they could put their fliers, posters, banners etc. They kept on promising that they would improve the lives and position of the people and the country if they were elected. Are they telling us truths or just another lies just like the previous candidates who were elected and had done nothing good to us and our country? They kept on promising things to the Filipinos but would they really do it afterwards? Why don’t they just do it now?

I’m just thinking about it… Good thing I’m still not a voter. If I am, I would probably not vote anybody. Ok. Why?

Simple things but if you sum it all, it could be a great disaster to the whole universe. I don’t know if I’m making sense to the readers, I just want to blurt out the opinions I have in my mind.

What do you think of trees? Me, they’re living things. They are part of the nature. And they give balance to the whole Earth. The Hydrogen and Oxygen cycle, the Water and Evaporation Cycle, and the Flooding and the balance of nature. They have feelings, just like humans. They can get hurt and feel sadness, bitterness, happiness, jealousy etc. Taking care of them is like a laughing matter now to those people who are very ughmmm. I don’t know what you call them. They are those people who think they own the Hollywood-like world. Very sosyaleras, always on the pubs and party’s, always going out for some goodie happy-go-lucky trips, always spending money’s for not worth while things, and doesn’t care about the world, environment, and people who are not like them.

Opppps, sorry, this is out of the topic already. Let’s go back to the real reason why I’m writing this. I am very disappointed to the candidates of this year’s presidential election. I heard in the television that candidates cannot put their fliers, posters, etc. to some particular places. Like in private walls and properties… and the TREES. But as I was on my way to my province for a short vacation, and back to Manila, I was really sad to see the trees that were full of campaign materials from different candidates.

I can’t stop myself from telling my grandmother that I am now beginning to dislike and hate every candidates running for whatever positions they like. How am I going to let these candidates rule my country when they are not yet in the position to rule us and the country and look at what they’re doing already? They are destroying the Nature, buying votes, killing each other etc.


Trees are not just trees. They shed millions of tears in every stapler bullets or nails that were put to them. They cry for help in every burden brought by those campaign materials they have to carry and keep posted, put by the minions of the candidates. And they know how to get revenge when all of them realize there are too many people who doesn’t care and aware about their real existence already.

Another thing, they got so many fliers. So many papers were made into campaign materials like that. Giving it all away like it’s just a piece of crap. But if you try to analyze it, how many trees were cut just to make all those fliers and posters? Yes, they are good campaign materials. People who saw those materials would remember who to vote and not to vote. But after the election, what will happen to those plastic posters and papers? They could have just held a big campaign meeting-de-avance-like in every barangays or cities. And continue meeting people, greeting them, shaking hands with them, etc. They could have just put the money they used in those campaign materials into more good use. Like they could give a feeding program and worthy workshops to people below poverty line and others who have difficulties looking for jobs. That’s a worthier deed. That is a simpler action that could give deeper impact to the people.

Now tell me, readers… Are they worth our votes, trusts, and lives? When even the simple “No campaign materials to be put on trees.” policy, they can’t even follow… They can’t even think of a worthier strategy to show that they really mean what they say? How could they make the Philippines a better country? Or maybe, it’s because they really don’t mean it?

Sorry to those who already have someone in mind to vote… Let me have the benefit of the doubt…




(Note: Sorry if my English is bad too. I’m not that good. Please correct me if you see wrong grammars in it. Thanks and enjoy reading.)